INTRODUCTION TO WATERCOLOUR
Magical watercolour, quite a technical paint to learn, but SO MUCH FUN - full of surprises, such amazing colour!!!
Learn the techniques you need to paint with this beautiful medium.
DAYTIME CLASS Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Oct 10 - Oct 31 2018
12 hours of instruction
$160 + HST - all supplies included
Please note - Minimum number of students required to run this class, if this enrolment is not reached you will receive a full refund.
*please contact me if you can not take this class as scheduled and are interested in either daytime classes or evening classes. I am sometimes able to add a class if there is enough interest, or will make sure to consider preferences for the next scheduling of classes.
Through a variety of exercises and painting studies, you will learn:
- the materials you need for watercolour painting, the types of paper available and what brushes to use
- how watercolours behave and their various attributes - learn how to use them and not create muddy paintings
- to develop skills in colour mixing - in palettes, through glazing and directly on the paper
- colour theory basics
- how to create washes, wet on wet, wet on dry and dry brush techniques
- how to make the paper be your white, keeping luminosity in a painting
- how to use fun watercolour techniques to add interest to your paintings.