INTRODUCTION TO WATERCOLOUR - 4 WEEKS
DUE TO COVID-19 CLASSES AND REGISTRATION ARE ON HOLD.
CLASSES WILL BE RESUMED WHEN THIS IS OVER - BUT DIRECT REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT BEING TAKEN AS AVAILABLE SPOTS IN EACH CLASS AND DATES MAY SHIFT DUE TO THE SITUATION.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING A CLASS, PLEASE EMAIL KATE AT KATE@KATEGREENDESIGN.COM AND LET HER KNOW WHAT CLASS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE.
KATE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION ETC. THANK YOU.
Magical watercolour, SO MUCH FUN - full of surprises, such amazing colour!!!
This introductory class will teach you the basic techniques you need to paint with this beautiful medium by understanding what watercolour paint is and working with colour theory, opacity and transparency, control of the water/paint/brush along with some fun watercolour techniques to add interest to your paintings. You will work on technical practice assignments along with creating your own watercolourpainting.
2020EVENING CLASS 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
WEDNESDAYS November 4 - November 25 2020
$140 + HST Bring Your Own Supplies
$185 + HST - all supplies included
*Please note - a minimum number of students is required to run this class. If this enrolment is not reached you will receive a full refund.
*please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if the class is full and you wish to be put on the waiting list
Through a variety of exercises and painting studies, you will learn:
- the materials you need for watercolour painting, the types of paper available and what brushes to use
- how watercolours behave and their various attributes - learn how to use them and not create muddy paintings
- to develop skills in colour mixing - in palettes, through glazing and directly on the paper
- colour theory basics
- how to create washes, wet on wet, wet on dry and dry brush techniques
- how to make the paper be your white, keeping luminosity in a painting
- how to use fun watercolour techniques to add interest to your paintings.
If you want to bring your own supplies - Kate will send you an email on registration telling you what you need to bring to class. If you are not sure whether to have the studio supply for you, or whether to bring your own paints, paper and brushes, please contact Kate with your questions before registering at email@example.com