INTRODUCTION TO WATERCOLOUR
Magical watercolour, SO MUCH FUN - full of surprises, such amazing colour!!!
Learn the techniques you need to paint with this beautiful medium.
EVENING CLASS Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Feb 5 - Feb 26 2019
12 hours of instruction
$140 + HST Bring Your Own Supplies
$185 + HST - all supplies included
DAYTIME CLASS - n/a
Please email me if interested in a daytime class email@example.com
Please note - Minimum number of students required to run this class, if this enrolment is not reached you will receive a full refund.
*please contact me if you can not take this class as scheduled and are interested in either daytime classes or evening classes. I am sometimes able to add a class if there is enough interest, or will make sure to consider preferences for the next scheduling of classes.
Through a variety of exercises and painting studies, you will learn:
- the materials you need for watercolour painting, the types of paper available and what brushes to use
- how watercolours behave and their various attributes - learn how to use them and not create muddy paintings
- to develop skills in colour mixing - in palettes, through glazing and directly on the paper
- colour theory basics
- how to create washes, wet on wet, wet on dry and dry brush techniques
- how to make the paper be your white, keeping luminosity in a painting
- how to use fun watercolour techniques to add interest to your paintings.
If you want to bring your own supplies - Kate will send you an email on registration telling you what you need to bring to class. If you are not sure whether to have the studio supply for you, or whether to bring your own paints, paper and brushes, please contact Kate with your questions before registering at firstname.lastname@example.org