INTRODUCTION TO ACRYLIC PAINTING
Acrylic paint - vibrant, dries really quickly and you clean it up with water!!!
The easiest of the painting mediums to learn.
DAY CLASS - Tuesdays 1 pm - 4 pm - 4 classes
January 8 - 29, 2019
12 hours of instruction
$140 + HST - bring your own materials
$185 + HST - all supplies included
EVENING CLASS - n/a this session
*please email Kate at email@example.com if you would like to take an evening acrylics class
Please note - Minimum number of students required to run this class, if this enrolment is not reached you will receive a full refund.
*please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can not take this class as scheduled and are interested in either daytime classes or evening classes. I am sometimes able to add a class if there is enough interest, or will make sure to consider preferences for the next scheduling of classes.
- the materials you need for acrylic painting - what is acrylic paint, what brushes and materials do you need to create an acrylic painting
- how acrylics behave - their pros and cons
- how to mix accurate paint colours, how to blend acrylics
- the colour wheel and why it is important to understand how to mix colours
You will create:
- a realistic painting of a flower (or similar subject) in acrylics using the techniques we practice
- if time permits (different people work at different speeds) - you can then work on your own piece using the techniques you have learned
If you want to bring your own supplies - Kate will send you an email on registration telling you what you need to bring to class. If you are not sure whether to have the studio supply for you, or whether to bring your own paints, paper/canvas and brushes, please contact Kate with your questions before registering at email@example.com