INTRODUCTION TO ACRYLIC PAINTING - 4 WEEKS
DUE TO COVID-19 CLASSES AND REGISTRATION ARE ON HOLD.
CLASSES WILL BE RESUMED WHEN THIS IS OVER - BUT DIRECT REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT BEING TAKEN AS AVAILABLE SPOTS IN EACH CLASS AND DATES MAY SHIFT DUE TO THE SITUATION.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING A CLASS, PLEASE EMAIL KATE AT KATE@KATEGREENDESIGN.COM AND LET HER KNOW WHAT CLASS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE.
KATE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTRATION ETC. THANK YOU.
Acrylic paint - vibrant, dries really quickly and you clean it up with water!!!The easiest of the painting mediums to learn. This class teaches you right from the basics of holding a brush correctly, cleaning a brush, mixing colours, understanding basic colour theory, applying paint and layering paint. You will be working on colour and paint mixing exercises and then an 8 x 10 painting of your own.
2020EVENING CLASS - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm - 4 weeks
WEDNESDAYS - September 9 - 30 2020
$140 + HST - bring your own materials (Kate will send you a detailed list of what you need prior to class)
$185 + HST - all supplies included
*Please note - a minimum number of students is required to run this class. If this enrolment is not reached you will receive a full refund.
*please contact me at email@example.com if the class is full and you wish to be put on the waiting list
- the materials you need for acrylic painting - what is acrylic paint, what brushes and materials do you need to create an acrylic painting
- how acrylics behave - their pros and cons
- how to mix accurate paint colours, how to blend acrylics
- the colour wheel and why it is important to understand how to mix colours
You will create:
- a realistic painting of a flower (or similar subject) in acrylics using the techniques we practice
- if time permits (different people work at different speeds) - you can then work on your own piece using the techniques you have learned
If you want to bring your own supplies - Kate will send you an email on registration telling you what you need to bring to class. If you are not sure whether to have the studio supply for you, or whether to bring your own paints, paper/canvas and brushes, please contact Kate with your questions before registering at firstname.lastname@example.org